IQPC is seeking a Marketing Assistant to join the business. The Marketing Assistant supports the marketing campaign management for an international portfolio, consisting of events in a variety of sectors. Working closely with the production and sales teams, the main aim of the marketing function is to generate incoming enquiries and to increase brand awareness.
This role provides significant and realistic opportunities to progress within a rapidly expanding company. The role would suit someone with some marketing exposure who is looking to work in a fast-paced, commercial environment.
- Assist in the timely implementation of on and offline marketing activities.
- Create and develop marketing plans and define campaign schedules with guidance from the Deputy Marketing Director.
- Monitor marketing budgets, track campaign results and suggest improvements for future campaigns.
- Liaise with relevant departments and write effective e-mail copy.
- Set-up e-mails in software programme, ensure best practice is adhered to, track responses and analyse click-through & enquiry results.
- Source details on identified partners.
- Follow-up deliverables for any agreed partnerships.
- Create new and develop existing relationships with leading trade press and industry bodies.
- Ensure timely submission of materials to media partners including print and online ads, and ensure third party activity is being delivered as agreed.
- Use tracking techniques to measure the effectiveness of various channels.
- Assist partners with post- and pre-event reports/articles/interviews etc.
- Facilitate media invitation.
- Liaise with media for promotion of the events.
- Communicate with third parties to collate necessary logos and other materials for the website.
- Coordinate weekly updates of the event websites.
- Ensure updates are accurate and keep to design templates.
- Seek to develop the website to help meet internal sales targets and goals.
- Plan and produce new brochures/print adverts etc.
- Effectively proof read all collateral and ensure best practise is adhered to.
- Work with external designers to create brochures, print ads and other materials as required, proof-read, sign-off and distribute internally/online.
- Plan and create content to support lead generation activities.
- Write and distribute timely press releases.
- Distribute content through websites, media partners, social media and e-mail marketing to generate incoming enquiries.
- Maintain and develop LinkedIn, twitter and other social media channels for both lead-generation and branding purposes.
- Sending promotional banner, email to speaker/sponsor for marketing.
And any other administrative as required by Marketing Director, Marketing Managers and Event Producers.
The position will report into the Deputy Marketing Director, IQPC UK
To enable you to achieve your potential, extensive and on-going training is provided, inclusive of an initial 3-month induction and training plan followed by advanced technical development.
Required Skills and Experience
Ideally candidates will have:
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good team-working skills
- Strong copy-writing skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Able to learn complex in-house software and systems easily
- Competent with Microsoft Office, including Excel