Conference Producer, Sydney
IQPC’s large scale conferences are market leading “must attend” events across industry sectors.
We are currently on the look out for a Project Manager who will specialize in researching market trends, developing commercial content, and project managing for the life cycle of each conference product. You will have the opportunity to learn while working with C Level decision makers across various industry sectors and really understanding business problems.
You will be required to conduct in-depth primary and secondary research and organize the intellectual content of commercially driven conference programs that aim to reflect and resolve business strategies and challenges for a variety of sectors including; Mining, Pharma, Legal and Finance. If your interested in learning and knowledge and growth inspires you , this could be your dream role.
This is an exciting entrepreneurial position by nature and compensation is comprised of a basic salary and profit share.
The Project Manager has a lot of budgetary influence and you will be taking part in making financial decisions that will have significant bottom line impact. In addition, you will be the lead project manager for each of your conferences, interfacing and guiding colleagues within the Marketing, Sales and Operations teams that will support your conference.
- Undertaking detailed phone research on specific conference topics with senior level business executives
- Developing the intellectual content of conference agendas based on results from the extensive research conducted
- Securing senior level speakers for each event
- Establishing and managing on-going relations with speakers and delegates
- Running and managing events onsite
What’s in it for you?
- Intellectual challenge
- Interaction with global business leaders
- A fast paced environment
- Financial rewards for high performance
- Opportunity for rapid career progression
- Comprehensive training and development
- Experience making warm or cold calls is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, and to meet tight deadlines
- Confident communicator with good written and oral skills
- Creative thinking
- Service-oriented and able to take a consultative approach
- Team player and possess good interpersonal skills
- Experienced with the Microsoft Office and other general computer skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task is a must!
Please note: this is not an event or meeting planning position, this position is responsible for developing the intellectual content of industry-specific conferences