Reports to: Marketing Director
Works closely with: Production, Sponsorship & Sales, Customer Service teams
IQPC provides business executives around the world with tailored practical conferences, large scale events and topical seminars, keeping them up-to-date with industry trends, technological developments and the regulatory landscape. IQPC leverages a global base of best practices to produce an unrivalled portfolio of conferences; our large scale conferences are market leading “must attend” events for their respective industries.
The company has a unique culture of empowerment and a strong belief in the personal development of employees at all levels of the business. See our website for further details.
This role will be as part of IQPC’s UK Division, completing marketing campaigns across a diverse range of portfolios including customer experience, education, defence, pharmaceutical and cyber security.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
As Marketing Manager, you will have complete bottom-line responsibility for creating and executing innovative marketing plans deploying online and offline direct marketing tactics. Specifically, the role involves:
- Planning, developing and implementing effective marketing strategies
- Forging long-term marketing partnerships with associations and publications
- Using a full range of online marketing tactics including social media, online PR & SEO
- Developing and promoting tailored content to generate quality leads
- Moving customers up the advocacy ladder by engaging with them using interactive and content-led marketing techniques
- Managing 3rd party relationships
- Formulating communications strategies, including writing of promotional copy
- Establishing close working relationships with speakers and sponsors
- Working closely with internal departments to achieve project objectives
- Undertaking detailed ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure agreed targets for direct revenue generation and lead generation are met
- Monitoring ongoing campaign spend against the budget, keeping accurate records and reinvesting when possible
Required skills and competencies
- Marketing or Communications Degree or equivalent work experience
- Educated to degree level 2:1 or equivalent
- 2+ years experience preferred, ideally gained within the b2b sector
- Experience managing relationships with 3rd parties
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a true team-player
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written
- Creative problem-solver, effective decision maker
- Outstanding organisational, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Detail focused and analytically inclined
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Self-driven, results-oriented, with a positive outlook
- Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability
To enable you to achieve your potential, extensive and on-going training is provided, inclusive of an initial 3-month induction and training plan followed by advanced technical development.
Start your career
The role offers a highly competitive salary, bonus and benefits such as a contributory pension scheme, child care vouchers and discounted gym membership. This is a great opportunity for a successful candidate to join a company with on going career progression and a great working culture.
We offer continuous training and personal development, the brightest talent is quickly promoted within IQPC.
To apply please send your CV to Recruitment@iqpc.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter @IQPCcareers
Join our Linkedin Group IQPC Careers